We are pleased to announce the National Latino Peace Officers Association of Ventura County(NLPOAVC) 2019 Scholarship application is now available for students in Ventura County. We encourage students to apply early!
Attached you will find the application or you can also find it on our website http://www.nlpoaventuracounty.com/scholarship/
Scholarship recipients will receive their award at our Scholarship Dinner April 11, 2019 at the Spanish Hills Country Club in Camarillo.
Application Deadline: Applications must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2019
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000.00 maximum will be awarded to recipients within Ventura County.
The National Latino Peace Officers’ Association is committed to helping students pursue a higher education. Students need not be Latino, but merely promote diversity in school work-place. Consideration will be given to those students interested in law enforcement careers.
- Applicants must be high school seniors or college students residing in Ventura County.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 with no D or F in all completed course work.
- Applicants must demonstrate community service and/or involvement.
Applicants must submit the following documents as one package:
- Scholarship application typed or printed clearly in black ink.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or a counselor.
- A letter of recommendation from an organization or community leader where community involvement occurs.
- Official copy of transcripts in a sealed envelope.
Applications and requests for information may be sent to:
National Latino Peace Officers’ Association
Ventura County Chapter
PO Box 6075
Oxnard, CA 93030